Sunday, May 31, 2009

Less is More...or do I mean Fewer is More?

I know most of you are winding down on this Sunday night, the last night before we wake up to June, and psyching yourselves up for the week. For those of us with irregular work hours, Sunday nights don't hold the same melancholy nor Monday mornings the same manic. However, I do remember those days and in honor of the weekend wind down I'd like to give you a little treat. I prize efficiency...at work, in the gym, in the kitchen. But sometimes we have to slow down and smell the cookies baking in the oven. So, here is a recipe for deliciously decadent and fabulously simple peanut butter cookies! Have one with a tall glass of milk for dessert...or breakfast before facing the week. Enjoy!

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup all natural smooth or chunky peanut butter (use organic if you can, none of the cheap stuff)
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown, 1/2 cup granulated)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine PB and sugar until well combined, about 2 mins. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 mins. Roll into walnut sized balls and create criss cross pattern with a fork. Bake for 10 mins until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for 2 mins, then eat! You can also add chocolate chips to this recipe if you are so inclined.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela... sounds yummy. I am also a thirtysomething pediatrician, but did a career switch after not being able to find time to enjoy eating cookies so to speak. I finished residency and then did an MPH and am now doing nutrition research and teaching and some other fun stuff too. I'll be sure to let my other thirysomething pediatrician friends know about your blog as I'm sure they are going through a lot of the same things you are! Most of them are in Canada though, but I think that neonates are pretty much the same Canadian or American right? Perhaps aside from the age at which they start saying, "eh"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny! Congratulations on following your passion and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete