Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Checking In (Or Taking A Break From Flogging Myself With Impunity)

Just finished my second day of my new job. Wait, has it only been 2 days?! Oy, yes it has. Not that things have been awful. On the contrary, things have been wonderful. But you know how it is when you come off of a loooonnng vacation and jump right into busting your hump and trying to look like you know what you're doing? I'm there.

My first night call is tomorrow night and i'm a bit freaked out. Not so much about the medicine....more about the finesse it takes to practice said medicine over the phone. I haven't done that in awhile so I will be exercising certain clinical muscles that are flabby with disuse. And speaking of flabby muscles....i'm not sure how I did this as a resident. By this I mean work all day running around the hospital maintaining control and order with a professional yet pleasant demeanor while fitting in teaching AND learning 'on the fly'. And then fit in a quality workout and cook a well balanced dinner. I did this as a resident, a mere 4 years ago, and I have no idea how. Because i'm certainly not doing it well now!

I'm currently propping my eyelids open and doing PREP questions on the Pedialink website. Must. Learn. Everything. But i'm not putting any pressure on myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment