Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Joke's On Me

I looked up the weather late last night and saw that it was supposed to be sunny and 65 today. Naturally, I wore a cute flowered skirt and lightweight black top fully expecting to soak up the rays of sunshine on this post call day. As my luck would have it, I was actually reading tomorrow's forecast as I was checking the weather after midnight last night. So here it is, cloudy and 38 and here I am, freezing and looking ridiculous in my summery outfit. Such is my life these days. And my outlook on life. I am in need of a vacation. Badly. The good news is that I leave for vacation exactly 8 days from now. The bad news is....there really is no bad news. As I was whining this morning about the weather, my coworkers, the number on the scale, the bags under my eyes, my age, and that I can't, in fact, live like the Real Housewives of New York City, my husband gently reminded me of how good we have it. Of how I love my job (generally) and how we have a beautiful house and two very sweet dogs who both bring daily laughter into our lives. My family is healthy and my friendships are strong. I know all of this. I just need reminding from time to time.

Research supports the theory that a positive outlook leads to success in your career. Here are five ways to improve your attitude at work and hopefully, bring a little sunshine your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment