Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Ten Day Challenge

Over the weekend, I had the awesome experience of reaching a long sought after goal. It was nothing earth shattering, merely reaching a certain time goal in a race I was running, but let's just say my late thirties best beat out my late twenties best and it was immensely satisfying. Still riding on that high, I've been thinking a lot about goals and the importance of setting and reaching them, one at a time. I've also been thinking about my career direction. I moved to Madison to explore this career opportunity because I saw it as a way to reach my goals. Unlike many I've encountered here, I don't have those other 'intangibles' in Madison that make a person choose to settle down in one place. I didn't realize it when I made the decision, but I'm learning that not many people move to a place solely for the career opportunities offered. This puts me in a unique position of constantly reevaluating my career and personal goals and in effect, reevaluating why I am where I am. And more importantly, where am I going from here?

I came across an article called "Ten Days to a Happier, More Successful Career and Life". Ok, I'll bite. Anything I can achieve in ten days is worth a shot. So, I plan to read a step each day for the next ten days and see if I come out happier and more successful in the end. The good news? I'm taking you with me. Day one: How to Take Responsibility for Your Life. More to come tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment